
“Energy and persistence conquer all things.” Benjamin Franklin
That is my personal mantra. Thanks Ben. Also, I could use a few thousand of those papers, you know those rectangular ones, green in color, and the number 100 on it. I
I made the mistake of showing Bob some of the colonial quotes. Now I am getting a lecture about democracy and the decline of our civilization. Man...
I am done cleaning the major stuff at the new house, done with contact and non contact paper in all the cupboards, drawers, etc.
I either smell like bleach all of the time now or it is permanently embedded into my nostrils. I am wearing a mask while I use the bleach, but the lavender scented Clorox wipes smell much better. I am wearing gloves too but my hands feel like 80 grit sandpaper. If anyone needs some sanding done on their woodworking project, give me a holler. Now it's time to do like my sister says "put your head down and plow through". This is in reference to the actual moving.
Sid is finishing up her "Sludge" experiment for science. You get a beaker full of crap and have to figure out what solids and liquids are in your crap, er...sludge.
It has been a three week or more project. She is so over it. Ready for spring break.
Riley too, is ready for her colonial project to be over. They worked those little 5th graders over but good. Let's just say the taste of freedom for a whole week is sweet.
I gotta go, Bob just ripped his entire big toe nail off. He is bleeding like a freak and cussing like a sailor. He doesn't have to hurt himself in order to curse like a sailor, it comes naturally. I can't help him, its got blood and I have gotten queasy in my old age. I used to be able to handle that stuff better than I do now. I wonder why. Oh, he is in the shower, I get a reprieve.
Riley got invited to dinner at Dustin's house. Now that he has professed his true love for Riley, he is hanging around all of the time, driving Sid crazy. The only thing worse than having a younger sister is having her and her friends around.
And remember what Ben said "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise".
3.26.2009
Quotes from Benjamin Franklin and other ponderings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
March
(35)
- Listening, half watching American Idol. Love that....
- Yep, that is where the girls and I were today. Ri...
- Retail Therapy
- Extreme Home Makeover
- Happy Birthday Sister
- Slideshow
- Teachers are special people
- Quotes from Benjamin Franklin and other ponderings
- Motown Night
- It's Not that Bad
- One of Those Days
- Some Times it's Like...
- It's Political Today
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Sun on Saturday
- You can look but you can't touch
- Some thoughts, Some Photos
- Just Call Me June
- Here are a couple of pictures of Riley that I took...
- Green is my favorite color
- Make Gatorade
- Snow GO Away!
- Business is next to...
- To Move or Not to Move...
- Papa and Grammy are on a jet plane. They left Ariz...
- Gray, Weird Day
- Cinderella
- How do People make Decisions?
- Sunshiney Day
- Clean Your Clogs
- Good News does come in an E mail
- Know the name of a really good plumber?
- Days go by...
- Get into the groove
- Another Weekend Bites the Dust
-
▼
March
(35)
0 comments:
Post a Comment