
The plumber finally showed up, late. It started snowing and he said it was worse where he was and he got delayed. Whatever... It snowed and did some freezing rain things here for a bit but luckily it stopped and eventually gave way to sunshine. It is cold though.
The plumber walks in, takes a look under the sink and shakes his head. He says it's a plumbing mess down there. He thinks some "not so bright" people must have done the plumbing. Let me explain about the kitchen in this house. It was re-done. I don't know when but it's been re-done. Sink, faucet, counters, etc. Sounds nice huh? It is not. It is just okay and whoever did it put the old garbage disposal back in and left the old dishwasher installed. They both suck. The plumber went to call the insurance company and they told him since it was a rental that they would not pay for the repairs. Now, you see, the house's owner has been paying for this insurance for almost two years now in case something like this were to happen and now they wont pay. He says they were never clear about rentals, etc. So we still have a jacked up sink, dishwasher, disposal nightmare. We are paying a large sum of money in rent for a house that has bad plumbing and shitty appliances. The real kicker? I had brand new, beautiful, top of the line appliances in my Calif. house. I try not to think about that or I will break into tears. Our lease is up in April and we are seriously considering looking for a new rental. I have found one that I am really interested in and am waiting for the landlord to get back to me. It's location would enable the girls to stay in their schools. Please do not misunderstand, moving again makes me want to vomit. But staying here makes me feel crabby too. Decisions, decisions.
Riley is having a "Colonial Day" at school. She is a plantation owners wife. We ordered her a costume off of Ebay. I had to attend a meeting today for parent volunteers. I am going to work the "quilling" station. Turkey feathers made into writing quills and walnut ink. The two fifth grade teachers asked me to be the chairperson for Colonial Day. I had to decline the offer. I told them that I had to get a job and it would not be fair of me to offer to coordinate this ambitious effort and then leave everyone hanging because I got a job. Both teachers looked at me with pity and said that they were sorry to hear that I had to go and get a job.
I told Bob to skip his usual morning phone call. He calls me every morning around 7:00. Since we don't have school tomorrow, we are sleeping in and to get a 7:00 AM wake up call just wont do. Sometimes during those morning phone calls, I actually don't wake up but carry on a conversation with him. It works out great because when we are done talking I go right back to sleep. He is never any the wiser. Actually, I can think of a few other things that this talent of mine works well for...
3.05.2009
Clean Your Clogs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
March
(35)
- Listening, half watching American Idol. Love that....
- Yep, that is where the girls and I were today. Ri...
- Retail Therapy
- Extreme Home Makeover
- Happy Birthday Sister
- Slideshow
- Teachers are special people
- Quotes from Benjamin Franklin and other ponderings
- Motown Night
- It's Not that Bad
- One of Those Days
- Some Times it's Like...
- It's Political Today
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Sun on Saturday
- You can look but you can't touch
- Some thoughts, Some Photos
- Just Call Me June
- Here are a couple of pictures of Riley that I took...
- Green is my favorite color
- Make Gatorade
- Snow GO Away!
- Business is next to...
- To Move or Not to Move...
- Papa and Grammy are on a jet plane. They left Ariz...
- Gray, Weird Day
- Cinderella
- How do People make Decisions?
- Sunshiney Day
- Clean Your Clogs
- Good News does come in an E mail
- Know the name of a really good plumber?
- Days go by...
- Get into the groove
- Another Weekend Bites the Dust
-
▼
March
(35)
0 comments:
Post a Comment