3.05.2009

Good News does come in an E mail


I complain too much about not answering the phone or getting the mail because I feel like I am getting too much of the bad news and not enough of the good news. An e mail that I received yesterday was good news. Riley has been moved up to the #1 spot on the waiting list for the school that we enrolled her in. The school went ahead and sent us the acceptance letter to fill out and return! We are very excited. While Riley is excited, she has mixed feelings about leaving her friends. These friends all live close by and one of them may be going to live with her dad anyway. All of the 6th graders that she will be in school with will be new to the school as well. The first week of school is spent at camp so that these new kids can bond and hopefully forge friendships that will last. There are children going to this school from all over the district and the district is quite large. There are only 140 children and 5-6 teachers in this school. It shares a campus with the Jr. High that Sid is currently attending. Each family commits to 25 hours per school year of volunteering. Lots of camping and outdoor activities that involve the environment, etc. She will have to maintain a certain G.P.A. but we think that she is very capable of that and having certain short term goals is good for her.

The plumber will be here by 10:00 this A.M. Whoopie... Hopefully it all works out and they don't have to tear the kitchen apart too much. I am getting company on Tuesday and this just wont do. Oh well, it's my parents and what's the worst that could happen? We eat out the entire time they are here? Sounds like a plan.
My cousin called yesterday and invited us over for dinner this weekend. Looking forward to that. I love spending time with them and with their cute babies.
Raining today, they put snow back into the forecast too. Ugh... luckily it only lasts for a day and is gone. The girls have no school tomorrow. We are looking forward to sleeping in! I will be the house Nazi once we do get outta bed and will crack the whip! No, really, the house looks pretty dang good, I have tackled a room at a time and its coming together.
Well, the teenager is about ready for school and needs me to take her. Riley and her buddy, Dustin are walking to school again today. This means she needs to leave about 15 minutes earlier than usual. She is listening to the Yardbirds"For your Love" in her bedroom while she beautifies. Hoping that her outfit includes a warm sweatshirt and an umbrella.

0 comments: