3.23.2009

It's Political Today




WARNING*POLITICAL RANT* MY POINT OF VIEW!!!

I heard, did not watch but heard a few sound bites of President Obama's interview on 60 Minutes. I understand how when you are overwhelmed, tired, etc. you do get "punch -drunk" and sometimes you laugh when all you really want to do is cry. I just have a feeling that if Steve Kroft were interviewing George Bush and he laughed about our economic crisis how much criticism would he have received?
A TON! TEN TONS! It would be on every news channel, the Daily Show, etc. Then, when asked about his laughter he responds with a comment about Iraq "being the least of his problems right now" hmmm... Mr. Obama has been in office a little over 2 months or so and I am personally over it. I admit I was kind of over it when it was announced that he had won the election, but I was sitting back to see what he was all about like many people were.

Well... being on Jay Leno? He is not a celebrity, he is the leader of a WORLD power, the leader of the free world! Not Nicolas Cage promoting "National Treasure". He sat in the same seat that Drew Barrymore sat in to promote "He's just not that into you". For shit's sake Mr. Obama!
And then to spout off about Special Olympics? Okay, let's be fair, we get with our friends or in a social environment and we feel comfortable enough to make off color comments, I am famous for it myself. The big difference between me and Obama? He is the freakin' president of the United States. Don't go on shows that you clearly do not belong on and get yourself into a situation like that where everyone is hanging on your EVERY word. You hold the responsibility of every single organization, club, race, religion, physical disability, mental disability, social standing, economic standing and situation of the United States in your hands. Tall order huh? You take that responsibility on when you declared your intent to run for office. It's hard, it's making you gray haired, I understand, but it's a fact. We all need to let off some steam, but you have to be careful where and with whom you do that. I have had a very public career in my own way in my own world and I have always been very aware of that. Tact, concern, etc. gotta watch it. I have never been a fan of the "double standard" and am not fan of it when it comes to the office of the President. I just keep thinking if that had been President Bush, he would have been drug across hot coals, bed of nails, broken glass, spears, arrows, bullets, you get my drift...
I saw that someone had called the President "Barak-star". That makes me wanna spit.
He is not a rock star, he is our president. To make that comparison is dangerous. I think that the "rock star" status is a negative comparison. Rock stars are associated with drugs, alcohol, partying, women, groupies and no responsibility for your actions. I happen to love rock stars and rock music but it's entertainment. Can we afford to have someone in office that is being compared to the attributes of Mick Jagger? (no offense, I am a huge Rolling Stones fan)


I wonder how funny he thinks it will all be when our great country goes further into the crapper and he is trying to negotiate with terrorists? Maybe he can soothe the savage beast by strumming his guitar...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN-sistar/niece!! Could not agree more....

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I just wish you could put this in every newspaper, evening news, CNN, FOX this belongs everywhere! You gave perfect facts, and kept it "real"!