
Well, what a day I had yesterday people!!! My parents were due to arrive at around noon, I had an appointment to see a rental property at 10:00, girls to school, grocery shopping and last minute house stuff. Yikes... I was not prepared for the house viewing. I was hoping that I liked it and kept telling myself to keep an open mind. The owners were the sweetest people, loved them. The house on the outside is 1960's Doctor's office chic. It is stucco, which kills Bob, he says he moved to WA to get away from stucco houses and low and behold...But it was built in the 60's....
All new flooring, carpet, etc. but they left a lot of vintage too which is cool. We can start moving in next week, and am dreading letting our current landlord know our plans. He has been a great guy but we just can't deal with his house any longer.
The new rental has a huge yard and lots of property and I can put my car in the garage again. I drug my poor mom around all day but I think she had a good time. Came back to the house last night and made chicken enchiladas. My dad ate and had to leave, he was flying out of Seattle to Spokane early this morning.
This morning was nice, mom and I got to just sit and chat, have our coffee and ate some breakfast. Then it was hustle time to get cleaned up, pick the girls up from school, fill out a credit application and off to Bellevue Square. We got lots of shopping done. Mom and Dad are going on a cruise in June so Mom wanted to get some things. We had a late lunch, early dinner at Red Robin. Lots of fun. Mom and I will go run around tomorrow, I will start looking for a salon or some kind of job.
I want to drive her through downtown Kirkland, around the lake and parks, etc.
The weather is great in that it is sunny and cloud free but damn it is COLD. The high today was about 45. It's deceiving, you look outside and see the sunshine and think its warmer than it is. My mom thinks she has died and gone to the frozen tundra. She has to stay bundled up.
Well, this is a lot of excitement for me, so I must close as I am starting to feel the weight of my eyelids. Grammy is helping Riley with her homework, Sid is admiring her new MAC lipgloss that Grammy bought for her and of course the husband is already in bed.
3.11.2009
To Move or Not to Move...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
March
(35)
- Listening, half watching American Idol. Love that....
- Yep, that is where the girls and I were today. Ri...
- Retail Therapy
- Extreme Home Makeover
- Happy Birthday Sister
- Slideshow
- Teachers are special people
- Quotes from Benjamin Franklin and other ponderings
- Motown Night
- It's Not that Bad
- One of Those Days
- Some Times it's Like...
- It's Political Today
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Sun on Saturday
- You can look but you can't touch
- Some thoughts, Some Photos
- Just Call Me June
- Here are a couple of pictures of Riley that I took...
- Green is my favorite color
- Make Gatorade
- Snow GO Away!
- Business is next to...
- To Move or Not to Move...
- Papa and Grammy are on a jet plane. They left Ariz...
- Gray, Weird Day
- Cinderella
- How do People make Decisions?
- Sunshiney Day
- Clean Your Clogs
- Good News does come in an E mail
- Know the name of a really good plumber?
- Days go by...
- Get into the groove
- Another Weekend Bites the Dust
-
▼
March
(35)
0 comments:
Post a Comment