3.15.2009

Snow GO Away!

Yes, I know, big fat surprise... It is snowing. The only good thing I can say about it is this... At least it didn't snow while my mom was here. Thank goodness for small favors. Or so they say.
House cleaning today. The current landlord is bringing over a plumber this evening to check out the problems in the kitchen. He also thought it would be a fine time to go ahead and work out the details of our departure from his dwelling. I am wondering what all that will involve and hoping and praying it is just a smooth normal transaction...

Riley and I are up and awake, Bob is at Costco(probably keeping the parking lot snow and ice free) and of course the teenager is still asleep.
Yesterday was not the fun filled day, I do not like saying goodbye to my parents, I don't like it when I have to say goodbye to my sister or niece either. I am so bad about saying goodbye that I can't even say goodnight. I suck at it. We drove through Seattle on the way home from the airport and then drove around our new prospective neighborhood. When we got home I grabbed my two new magazines and went to my bed. I read for a while and napped for a while. That is how I chose to handle that.
Riley and Sid watched an old Marilyn Monroe movie last night, I polished Riley's nails with her new polish that Grammy bought her and then played a little online poker. What an exciting day/evening.
I am not excited about moving. I know I have already expressed this sentiment but I reserve the right to spout off about it for the next eight weeks or so. I am really really leaving it in God's hands as to how I should handle it, and just praying for patience, strength(mental and physical) and to remember my sense of humor and that it is illegal in most countries to commit murder. So I figure if I follow those guidelines, I should come out of this whole thing fairly well. I wonder what our co-pay is for psychiatry sessions?
It is so dreary and cold and I know that it was sunny for four whole days, but damn it is unusually cold and snowy here for my first winter. I thought all I had to do was brace myself for rain and cloudy days from November to March, not the onslaught of snow every weekend. Sheesh. I better add this one to my list when I finally go to a therapy session.
I will be okay during and after this move, this winter, etc. I always am able to be okay after its all over, its during that has me worried. I have been close to my breaking point in my life a few times and don't really like going that close to the edge. I am just trying to stay away from the edge of that cliff and stay on the marked paths. I know that I have so much to be thankful for, so many good things happen to me all of the time. I know that so many have much bigger problems, bigger obstacles, bigger piles of snow to shovel, this I am aware of. I want to be able to work with grace and patience and understanding. Is that too much to ask for? It might be for me, that is not how I usually do things but what the heck it's worth a shot...

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I know what you mean sister! I feel ya. I may have different kinds of eggs to fry, but I think what you are talking about is life. Sometimes it is wonderful and sometimes it just sucks! Take care of you - that is all that matters right now! See you tomorrow to do just that for an a couple of hours (while you are getting your baby fix)!